Monday 30 March 2015

Death Parade

To me, this was the catchiest intro to an anime this season. I literally can't get it out of my head whenever I think about it, even now. *Boom, boom, boom, dancing through the skies* Just listen to it. :)
The cast.

It's dark and it's entertaining. 
The show is about being judged once you die, so characters appear in a bar named Quindecim and are asked to play a game. The actions of the person, as well as the outcome of the game, determine where that person goes after death. But, they don't know they are dead. 
Not every episode is about those who die though, we learn about those who work in Quindecim (Arbiters) and why they exist.
I'm not doing this anime any justice.
Decim and the unnamed girl.

It's touching when you go on a journey with the Arbiters and learn about their ways, and the ending is so emotional. So characters are so annoying that they irritated me, and some I loved even though their motives were unjustified. You can connect with a guest in each episode, and you can understand why they do the things they do. 

It also teaches us to not take our life for granted and to fulfil it as much as we can a life can be short. What anime actively teaches you things? (Besides the medical one I am currently watching?)
Nona.

A couple of scenes are a little gross, but it's not over-bearing and contains enough blood for the gore-lovers not to be too disappointed. The intro is really happy compared with the content and I love the change of pace. So give it a try. 

[There was a 'pilot' for this season published in Anime Mirai 2013, under the title of Death Billiards and I highly recommend this too.]

Unconditional love,
Cazzie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment