Thursday 9 January 2014

Sometimes.. I hate being a girl.

To all the girls out there, do you get this too?

When mother nature gives you your monthly gift, do you feel this bad or even worse?

  • So this morning, as I was in the shower, I almost passed out and had to sit on the floor for a little while, and as I was washing my hair, I had to stop and sit down with my bathroom door open to cool down.
  • I then had to open my bedroom window and lay down in bed, before managing to put anything other than a towel on.
  • I sleep, like all day. I physically cannot do anything more than microwave a previously cooked meal and just sit or lay down all day.
  • Cramps put me off having children, if period cramps are this severe that I almost pass out, how will I give birth?
  • I don't like taking medication much, so I try other ways to soothe myself.
  • Eating is too strenuous. I have two bites of breakfast, drink some water then fall asleep.
  • The furthest I can walk is from my bed to my door, luckily at university I have an en-suite.
  • Going to the kitchen is a milestone I have to pass every few hours to re-fill a water bottle and have dinner.
  • You know how cramps are always there, but sometimes they come on stronger suddenly? I breathe as if I am in labour because it hurts too much as I double over in pain.
All this makes me wish that I was back home just for this part of the month so that my mum can look after me and my dog will comfort me. The only revision I can manage today is to listen to the recordings of my lectures on repeat, even as I doze off.

Unconditional love,
Cazzie x

No comments:

Post a Comment